Is your google play services keeps stopping? well, this is a real struggle for android users, You must be wondering that what is the real reason for this problem or is this issue can be even solved, if yes then how. Well, You must be really glad to know that there are some possible ways through which you can get rid of this problem.
I am also an android user and trust me I have faced this issue many times, and I searched a lot for any possible way so that I can get rid of this issue, but unfortunately none of the fixes that many people mentioned really worked, Then I thought to write this post. So, Today we are going to discuss the possible fixes yet working so that you can easily use your google play service.
Without doing any further let’s start with this article.
Why Google Play Service Stop?
Well, It is quite hard to tell that what is the real reason that causes the error “Unfortunately, google play services has stopped” but most commonly it is caused by outdated software or network problems.
Furthermore, there are also occasions where the system is experiencing issues, which keeps you from using the Google Play Store normally. In the following part, we share with you several ways to solve this dilemma.
Google Play Services Keeps Stopping? (How to Fix)
Let’s quickly discuss the fixes to solve your google play service issue.
1. Restart the Phone
You might be thinking by only restarting my phone am I really be able to solve this issue so trust me this is a very easy method I know but many times your issue is not that big in reality how big it seems. Who knows in your case you will get the result only after trying this. This method is definitely worth trying.
I will recommend you to try this method but make sure when you power off your mobile you wait before starting your phone. You can get rid of this issue very easily if this method worked for you.
2. Update Google Play Services and the Play Store
Okay! So I know we are not fond of updating the apps which we don’t use very often. But it is essential too, These apps also need to update from time to time. Now, just check that if you have the older version of the play store application, and if your answer is yes then mate this can be the real cause of your issue you are facing.
It is important to update this app from time to time and if you don’t know when I am saying you to update the app then I am here to show you some steps through which you can update your google play store app. Steps are mentioned below.
- Open the app from the app drawer on your device: find the Google Play Store icon to open it.
- Beginning at the top right-hand side of the machine, there is your image icon. Tap on the image.
- From there, you need to search for the “My Apps & Games” setting, all of the current applications on your device will be shown in a list.
- You can see which apps need updates and those that are up to date. If you don’t want to individually update all of your apps, just press on the “Update All” button.
- It’s going to update any and all applications and services on your device, along with the Google Play Services. If you want to update it, please wait a while. You will stay updated with every update of all other applications.
- Until every application is updated, please wait It’s always a good idea to restart your mobile device after updating software. If you restart, the issue will then be absent.
3. Clear the Cache
Another easy yet working method to solve your issue. When I personally faced this issue for once I used this method and trust me this worked for me. So who knows this method is gonna solve your problem in a few minutes.
The Play Services are designed to serve as a framework for the Play apps and it serves as the API between Google and your device, so clear the cache is really a sane idea. To clear out the cache, here is a step-by-step guide that will help.
- Open up the “Settings” feature on your phone. You can start by swiping down on the top-right corner and pressing the Gear icon. Or, you can open them directly through the app list.
- Now, search for “applications & notifications” on the list.
- Searching for “Google Play Services” will then show that the Storage button is visible.
- You’ll see 2 buttons now, Clear Cache and Clear Storage. Tap the button to clear the cache. Executing the “clear cache” command will show that the cache display is empty.
- One more thing that you need to do is. Select the button that reads ” Manage Space,” and then click on Clear All data.
- When you have completed these two steps, turn off your mobile and restart. This way, the changes will be able to take effect as soon as you turn on your phone.
4. Switching to WI-FI
If your google play services have stopped working and you are seeing an error on the screen on your mobile then it is clearly a network issue nothing else. Well, In most cases you won’t see the word error there play services just refuse to start altogether.
Feel yourself a little lucky if you can notice the word error on your screen because all you need to do is just switching your mobile’s data to WIFI and your google play services will start again very easily.
5. Disable Your Current Google Account
Sometimes we just don’t know what the real cause is and how hard we try we just don’t get rid of that issue. And sometimes even a little initiative solves the issue, And here you can try that small initiative. Who knows this method would be really helpful to you as I have also tried this many times and trust me I got rid of the issue.
An Android gadget might sometimes fail to enroll the required user account If you’re having a problem with Google Play Store, try removing and re-adding your account. To do this:
- Go to Settings.
- Then go to Accounts.
- Tap the Google account you desire to remove and click on the button “Remove account”. Make sure that you’ve backed up everything that is stored in sync in order to persist it.
- After the account is complete you need to again add your Google account and then check the Play Store if it works or not.
6. Factory Reset Your Device
Whenever I feel any issue with my mobile phone and restarting won’t solve that issue, all I do is the factory reset my phone. So if none of the mentioned methods really worked for you then it is definitely worth a try most of the time factory reset just solves many kinds of mobile issues.
Well, Just in case you don’t know then doing this will lose your mobile’s data and some apps, so I would recommend you to backup your android before doing this.
To reset your device, plug it into a power source and then take the following actions:
- Go to Settings
- Tap System > Advanced > Reset options.
- Choose Erase all data (factory reset).
- Tap Erase everything from the next menu.
- Follow the steps to configure your device.
7. Set the Time and Date
This is another method which you can try to solve your issue. Sometimes your google play services also give you this problem if your mobile’s date and time are not right. and to solve this you have to correct your mobile’s time and the date and changing this is very easy peasy. All you need to do is:
- Launch the Settings and select System.
- Choose Date & time from the menu.
- If your device is not picking up at the right time, check the Automatic date and time.
- If you are still struggling with it, Tap on Set time to manually set it, if Automatic is disabled.
- Restart your device and then retry the Play Store.
8. Enable the App if Disabled
Sometimes, we downloaded and installed an application, but did not check the option to allow access to this device., which can also incite this malfeasance. Here is how to ensure it.
Go to Settings > Apps > Tap on the main menu at the top-right corner > Choose “All” > Download Manager > Enable Google Play Services app.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
How often does this issue occur?
Well, there is no particular time which I could tell you, It basically depends upon you I mean if there is an issue in your phones such as having an older version of the play store, the wrong date and time, and many more things that can cause you this issue.
Which of the method is most useful?
Each and every method is important and yes effective, There is no method that is the most superior of all. I mean it really depends on what really the issue just like if you have set the wrong time and date then factory reset cannot solve the issue. So there is no method that is best or uses among all.
Is it worth using these methods?
Well, If you are having an issue for a very long time and you haven’t find the right solution to solve that issue till now and here you used these fixes and you did solve your issue then isn’t it worth it? I guess it is. Trust me every method I have personally used all are easy and effective. So yes it is worth it.
Glad to see you at the end of the post. It means that you finally read our whole article. Well, stopping google play services can be really frustrating and if you don’t get the right fix at the right time then it can be more frustrating than it is already are. Considering this fact in my mind I researched some fixes tried on my own and then write all fixes right here.
Every fix that I have mentioned is effective and very easy and yes not any fix is time-consuming and after all, if you can really get rid of that issue then I don’t think five minutes are a lot to ask. All you have to do is just try those methods which I have mentioned and I am sure that you will surely get rid of your problem.
I hope that you liked this article and it helped you solve your issue. Do not forget to share this article with your family and friends so that this post can reach those who really need this. Please do tell us that you which of the method really worked to solve your issue. And do tell us that which method you personally liked the most. If you have any queries related to this post then you can comment that down we will get to you ASAP!